Back from China and getting back on track...
As their has been a delay in acquiring the digital terrain information from the clients, I decided to do some research and find an additional way to obtain the topographical information.
Upon researching the topographical information, I found it very hard to find digital maps, let alone ones that were free. Most purchasable maps included lot information, dynamic information, boundaries & etc which is not needed for the purposes I am intending.
I was also a little worried that upon purchasing a map it would not give me the information i needed or if it would produce a high definition terrain.
As a result of this, i used topographical information acquired Spatial Imagery Exchange. However, once imported into GeoControl it delivered a very different 3D terrain. This was mainly due to the maps scale and the poor resolution of the map imagery.
The terrain created in GC2 whilst still possess the distinctive characteristics of the Blue Mountains Scenic Railway environment, it is very poor quality. I will continue researching to deliver a better result. However, the graphical quality i am wishing to achieve it may be better to physically draw the contours or generate an environment that is very similar and then edit it in UE4.
No comments:
Post a Comment